Moroccan Berber kilim carpets or Hanbel are regularly alluded to as kilim or kelim (Turkish word), a title inferred from Persian “Gelim”. Kilim implies a carpet without velvet because it is weaved rather than being knottedThese carpets symbolize the personality of the tribes weaving them, thus, their beautification is particular to each tribe.
Kilim carpets are enhanced with geometric figures, counting triangles and jewels, and are regularly less colorful but with more refined decoration.
They are still exceptionally distinctive. Their specific weave makes them lighter and more slender. I discover them especially wonderful in summer in shinning rooms or verandas. Once more the reasons are exceptionally distinctive. They make me think of the sea and its waves as seen through the fogs of a sweet dream.
These are woven carpets made of sheep wool. They review the Berber history and bequest of Morocco and vary from the Turkish or Persian by their patterns, their thickness and their weaving technique.
If you want a very colorful carpet, light and easy to maintain, the kilim is the carpet that could suit you.
Parcel delivery will be in business days.
- All purchased items will be shipped to destination within 1—3 days.
- Delivery of shipped items will be within 3—7 days depending on destinations.
- Shipping custom made products will depend on how long it takes to make the item. Once finished the shipping details will be communicated to you via email.
- To complete your shipping request, we require a valid delivery address. We use a trackable shipping service. We will send you the tracking number via Email once the package has been sent.
- Express shipping with DHL is available for an extra charge.
- Check our shipping & return Policy at the footer of the website.
Common sense will take you a long way when it comes to keeping your carpet gorgeous and clean. Follow these simple tips:
- Vacuum regularly Remove dust and dirt with a powerful vacuum cleaner. This is a good habit that improves the air quality in your home and ensures the durability of your carpet. Note that heavy traffic areas may need more regular vacuuming than other areas.
- Use doormats at entrances A simple walk-off mat or entrance mat prevents dirt from getting transferred all over the building and into the fibre of your tufted carpet. Make sure to clean these mats often, so that they do not become a source of dust and dirt themselves.
- Take care of spills as they happen It is best to take care of spills as quickly as possible. Don’t let liquids or dirt dry up and set in. The quicker you act, the easier the stain can be removed. Follow the stain and spill removal guidelines below.