Azilal Berber Moroccan Carpet
180 x 147cm
To provide the best quality products, our selection of Azilal Berber Moroccan Carpet is made by hand and selected from the artisans in Atlas Mountains.
1 in stock
Parcel delivery will be in business days.
- All purchased items will be shipped to destination within 1—3 days.
- Delivery of shipped items will be within 3—7 days depending on destinations.
- Shipping custom made products will depend on how long it takes to make the item. Once finished the shipping details will be communicated to you via email.
- To complete your shipping request, we require a valid delivery address. We use a trackable shipping service. We will send you the tracking number via Email once the package has been sent.
- Express shipping with DHL is available for an extra charge.
- Check our shipping & return Policy at the footer of the website.
Common sense will take you a long way when it comes to keeping your carpet gorgeous and clean. Follow these simple tips:
- Vacuum regularly Remove dust and dirt with a powerful vacuum cleaner. This is a good habit that improves the air quality in your home and ensures the durability of your carpet. Note that heavy traffic areas may need more regular vacuuming than other areas.
Use doormats at entrances A simple walk-off mat or entrance mat prevents dirt from getting transferred all over the building and into the fibre of your tufted carpet. Make sure to clean these mats often, so that they do not become a source of dust and dirt themselves.
- Take care of spills as they happen It’s best to take care of spills as quickly as possible. Don’t let liquids or dirt dry up and set in. The quicker you act, the easier the stain can be removed. Follow the stain and spill removal guidelines below
Why buy from us
Why buy from us
Supporting local economy
When you buy from Moroccan Artisan you are buying very locally. Buyers can directly support Artisans & you know where the money is going, it’s nice to know you are making a difference.
Unique handcrafted products
Whatever category of Artisan product you buy it will be unique and handcrafted, this is the opposite to mass-produced products. Think farmers’ market rather than a supermarket as just one example.
Artisan handcrafted products are made to last. They are made with top-quality materials and ingredients. As each item is handmade it will be unique, no two items will be exactly the same. For some products, buyers can speak to Artisans and request customisations, personalisation and alterations to their exact specifications.
An emphasis on quality
Buying Artisan is an investment in quality. An Artisan creates a product with love, not because it’s their job. Artisans have attention to detail, value the hand making process end-to-end and work hard to deliver a stunning product to the customer.
Artisans products are not necessarily low-cost (as they use high-quality ingredients and take time to make). Artisan product quality is important therefore, as Artisans know they need to deliver excellence on quality to compete versus online marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay. A part of quality is respecting tradition, which we discuss next.
Keeping traditional skills and crafts alive
Buying from an Artisan helps to keep traditional skills and crafts alive. Rather than using assembly lines and machines, Artisan products are handmade. Buy Artisan and help to keep traditional skills alive (examples include embroidering, glass artistry, pottery making, silversmithing, weaving, etc. to name a few).
As one example, a food Artisan would make food to a traditional recipe and would avoid using modern-day ingredients which have artificial sweeteners, colourings, preservatives, thickening agents and other chemicals.
More meaningful purchases & gifts
Handmade products mean it is made by hand and not by machine. Every piece is put together with care and thought. We labour over every part to ensure the final product is something we are proud of. Handmade goods may be more expensive, but you are paying for hours of hard work and ethically sourced materials.
Azilal carpets are pieces of art in which every rural woman in the Azilal region tells her story. The themes are all inspired from tribal life as birth, maternity, wedding and even farming.
In Asterix among the Berbers they say that it is the rug that drives crazy. It’s probably far-fetched but I understand that some people are literally crazy. The Azilal manages to bring together the color of the Boucherouite and the first mowing wool of the Beni Ouarain.
The weaving technique different from that used for Beni Ouarains gives a hair less long but equally soft and comfortable which invites to lie there to read for hours and hours and hours… Well, if Lawrence of Arabia does not come to join you there!