Wishing for a footstool in the living room, a spare seat in the master suite, and a side table for the patio, all rolled into one? Pouf – it’s here! A multipurpose piece perfect for any ensemble, this pouf is embroidered with a medallion motif and features stitched details that lend a well-traveled look to your space with its Moroccan-inspired influence. Wrapped in genuine leather.
Moroccan Leather Poufs have a rich history that dates back to the Ottoman Empire! From the 13th century into the 21st.They are a versatile piece of furniture that has been around for centuries
According to the definition “Pouf is a big cushion which is used as a footstool or low seat. In modern era poufs are the seats made up of beads to provide comfort. Moroccan poufs are also referred to as ottomans and are created with beautiful leather and embroidery.
Moroccan poufs can be easily found in a broad spectrum of colors, from aqua to royal blue and everything in between. Handmade versions are masterpieces of art, and no two poufs look alike. Poufs can be used as tables, seating, footstools and accents. As a fillip, they can be placed under a table or in the corner of the room when not in use. Poufs especially feel great in bohemian spaces. Rooms with a blend of different textures, patterns and styles are the ideal backgrounds for some colorful poufs.
Our poufs are sold unstuffed to save shipping cost. To achieve desired firmness, we recommend: cotton batting, old clothes, towels, blankets, shredded foam to stuff them with.
Also note that our poufs all have a zip closure for easy filling.
– 100% leather
– zip closure
Parcel delivery will be in business days.
- All purchased items will be shipped to destination within 1—3 days.
- Delivery of shipped items will be within 3—7 days depending on destinations.
- Shipping custom made products will depend on how long it takes to make the item. Once finished the shipping details will be communicated to you via email.
- To complete your shipping request, we require a valid delivery address. We use a trackable shipping service. We will send you the tracking number via Email once the package has been sent.
- Express shipping with DHL is available for an extra charge.
- Check our shipping & return Policy at the footer of the website.
- Leather is a skin, and it can stretch. Avoid overfilling your handbag, purse or wallet to maintain its original silhouette
- Take extra care with leather items you use often. Take the time each week to wipe away dust and spots with a soft cloth or brush
- Scratches can detract from a flawlessly crafted pieces. Take care to avoid contact with heavily embellished clothes, sharp surfaces, or chunky jewellery when you are out and about.
- Wet leather requires extra care, so if rain is forecast, remember to take an umbrella
Why buy from us
Supporting local economy
When you buy from Moroccan Artisan you are buying very locally. Buyers can directly support Artisans & you know where the money is going, it’s nice to know you are making a difference.
Unique handcrafted products
Whatever category of Artisan product you buy it will be unique and handcrafted, this is the opposite to mass-produced products. Think farmers’ market rather than a supermarket as just one example.
Artisan handcrafted products are made to last. They are made with top-quality materials and ingredients. As each item is handmade it will be unique, no two items will be exactly the same. For some products, buyers can speak to Artisans and request customisations, personalisation and alterations to their exact specifications.
An emphasis on quality
Buying Artisan is an investment in quality. An Artisan creates a product with love, not because it’s their job. Artisans have attention to detail, value the hand making process end-to-end and work hard to deliver a stunning product to the customer.
Artisans products are not necessarily low-cost (as they use high-quality ingredients and take time to make). Artisan product quality is important therefore, as Artisans know they need to deliver excellence on quality to compete versus online marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay. A part of quality is respecting tradition, which we discuss next.
Keeping traditional skills and crafts alive
Buying from an Artisan helps to keep traditional skills and crafts alive. Rather than using assembly lines and machines, Artisan products are handmade. Buy Artisan and help to keep traditional skills alive (examples include embroidering, glass artistry, pottery making, silversmithing, weaving, etc. to name a few).
As one example, a food Artisan would make food to a traditional recipe and would avoid using modern-day ingredients which have artificial sweeteners, colourings, preservatives, thickening agents and other chemicals.
More meaningful purchases & gifts
Handmade products mean it is made by hand and not by machine. Every piece is put together with care and thought. We labour over every part to ensure the final product is something we are proud of. Handmade goods may be more expensive, but you are paying for hours of hard work and ethically sourced materials.