Taznakht carpet is made of knots on two lines; their bottom is yellow with dense geometrical drawings which are red, dark green, or broken white. Each rug can take a few months to a year to complete. The weaving techniques have been passed down through the generations. This is a way the Berber women carefully preserve their heritage of technique and knowledge passing down messages in wool from one generation to another creating textiles full of life and charm.
Hanbel is a woven rug, lighter and less thick than the typical carpet. It is used as a cover for sofas or decoration during national or private feasts. Sometimes, it is used instead of carpets. It is produced in Zayane, Zemmour, and Ouazguita.
Either genuine wool or good quality cotton is used to make Hanbel carpets. Threads are well spun and clean. The colors of Hanbel carpets are typically red, yellow, green, black, and brown. These colors are extracted from the plants in the Hanbel region. Originally made in Berber regions, the Hanbel contains patterns whose forms and features are inspired by nature and whose contours are inspired by Amazigh script.
Parcel delivery will be in business days.
- All purchased items will be shipped to destination within 1—3 days.
- Delivery of shipped items will be within 3—7 days depending on destinations.
- Shipping custom made products will depend on how long it takes to make the item. Once finished the shipping details will be communicated to you via email.
- To complete your shipping request, we require a valid delivery address. We use a trackable shipping service. We will send you the tracking number via Email once the package has been sent.
- Express shipping with DHL is available for an extra charge.
- Check our shipping & return Policy at the footer of the website.
Common sense will take you a long way when it comes to keeping your carpet gorgeous and clean. Follow these simple tips:
- Vacuum regularly Remove dust and dirt with a powerful vacuum cleaner. This is a good habit that improves the air quality in your home and ensures the durability of your carpet. Note that heavy traffic areas may need more regular vacuuming than other areas.
- Use doormats at entrances A simple walk-off mat or entrance mat prevents dirt from getting transferred all over the building and into the fibre of your tufted carpet. Make sure to clean these mats often, so that they do not become a source of dust and dirt themselves.
- Take care of spills as they happen It is best to take care of spills as quickly as possible. Don’t let liquids or dirt dry up and set in. The quicker you act, the easier the stain can be removed. Follow the stain and spill removal guidelines below.