Boujaad carpets are named after the breed of sheep traditional of this region. The Zayan tribes who live in the mountains of the Middle Atlas, around Khenifra, weave carpets with long wool, golden reflections and usually warm tones in shades of red, purple and sometimes yellow. These exquisite carpets are rare and difficult to find.
Each Boujaâd rug is unique. Each rug tells a different story with the use of traditional Berber designs & motifs.
Boujaâd rugs are hand woven pile rugs made using natural wool fibers and vegetable dyes. Newly woven rugs will show strong vibrant colors, typically reds oranges, pinks and/or purples. Whereas, older vintage rugs may have lovely washed pastel tones.
There is no right or wrong spot to put a beautiful Moroccan Boujaâd rug, although we would suggest that you place them in lower traffic areas. Because of how these rugs are made they are more delicate than your chain store copy cat. The pile of each rug may vary depending on its history. Some you may find to be extraordinarily plushy, while some are closer to a flat weave.
Parcel delivery will be in business days.
- All purchased items will be shipped to destination within 1—3 days.
- Delivery of shipped items will be within 3—7 days depending on destinations.
- Shipping custom made products will depend on how long it takes to make the item. Once finished the shipping details will be communicated to you via email.
- To complete your shipping request, we require a valid delivery address. We use a trackable shipping service. We will send you the tracking number via Email once the package has been sent.
- Express shipping with DHL is available for an extra charge.
- Check our shipping & return Policy at the footer of the website.
Common sense will take you a long way when it comes to keeping your carpet gorgeous and clean. Follow these simple tips:
- Vacuum regularly Remove dust and dirt with a powerful vacuum cleaner. This is a good habit that improves the air quality in your home and ensures the durability of your carpet. Note that heavy traffic areas may need more regular vacuuming than other areas.
- Use doormats at entrances A simple walk-off mat or entrance mat prevents dirt from getting transferred all over the building and into the fibre of your tufted carpet. Make sure to clean these mats often, so that they do not become a source of dust and dirt themselves.
- Take care of spills as they happen It is best to take care of spills as quickly as possible. Don’t let liquids or dirt dry up and set in. The quicker you act, the easier the stain can be removed. Follow the stain and spill removal guidelines below.