Akhnif Moroccan Berber rug
98 x 61cm
To provide the best quality products, our selection of Akhnif Moroccan Berber Carpet is made by hand and selected from the artisans in Atlas Mountains.
1 in stock
Parcel delivery will be in business days.
- All purchased items will be shipped to destination within 1—3 days.
- Delivery of shipped items will be within 3—7 days depending on destinations.
- Shipping custom made products will depend on how long it takes to make the item. Once finished the shipping details will be communicated to you via email.
- To complete your shipping request, we require a valid delivery address. We use a trackable shipping service. We will send you the tracking number via Email once the package has been sent.
- Express shipping with DHL is available for an extra charge.
- Check our shipping & return Policy at the footer of the website.
Common sense will take you a long way when it comes to keeping your carpet gorgeous and clean. Follow these simple tips:
- Vacuum regularly Remove dust and dirt with a powerful vacuum cleaner. This is a good habit that improves the air quality in your home and ensures the durability of your carpet. Note that heavy traffic areas may need more regular vacuuming than other areas.
- Use doormats at entrances A simple walk-off mat or entrance mat prevents dirt from getting transferred all over the building and into the fibre of your tufted carpet. Make sure to clean these mats often, so that they do not become a source of dust and dirt themselves.
- Take care of spills as they happen It is best to take care of spills as quickly as possible. Don’t let liquids or dirt dry up and set in. The quicker you act, the easier the stain can be removed. Follow the stain and spill removal guidelines below.
Why buy from us
Why buy from us
Supporting local economy
When you buy from Moroccan Artisan you are buying very locally. Buyers can directly support Artisans & you know where the money is going, it’s nice to know you are making a difference.
Unique handcrafted products
Whatever category of Artisan product you buy it will be unique and handcrafted, this is the opposite to mass-produced products. Think farmers’ market rather than a supermarket as just one example.
Artisan handcrafted products are made to last. They are made with top-quality materials and ingredients. As each item is handmade it will be unique, no two items will be exactly the same. For some products, buyers can speak to Artisans and request customisations, personalisation and alterations to their exact specifications.
An emphasis on quality
Buying Artisan is an investment in quality. An Artisan creates a product with love, not because it’s their job. Artisans have attention to detail, value the hand making process end-to-end and work hard to deliver a stunning product to the customer.
Artisans products are not necessarily low-cost (as they use high-quality ingredients and take time to make). Artisan product quality is important therefore, as Artisans know they need to deliver excellence on quality to compete versus online marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay. A part of quality is respecting tradition, which we discuss next.
Keeping traditional skills and crafts alive
Buying from an Artisan helps to keep traditional skills and crafts alive. Rather than using assembly lines and machines, Artisan products are handmade. Buy Artisan and help to keep traditional skills alive (examples include embroidering, glass artistry, pottery making, silversmithing, weaving, etc. to name a few).
As one example, a food Artisan would make food to a traditional recipe and would avoid using modern-day ingredients which have artificial sweeteners, colourings, preservatives, thickening agents and other chemicals.
More meaningful purchases & gifts
Handmade products mean it is made by hand and not by machine. Every piece is put together with care and thought. We labour over every part to ensure the final product is something we are proud of. Handmade goods may be more expensive, but you are paying for hours of hard work and ethically sourced materials.
Traditionally, Moroccan carpets were made only by women to be used in their own homes, to decorate the floors and to serve as seat covers, bedspreads or blankets during the coldest months.
The Moroccan carpets are full of symbolism and often tell the story of the woman who created each piece. Each rug takes about 20-30 days to be woven by hand and the design is always completely original – no two rugs are ever the same.
Handicraft is still very important for Amazigh communities. Generally, while the men work in the mountains or on the farms, the women work in their huts, creating beautiful handmade ceramics or weaving carpets.
All the finished products are then taken down to the big cities like Marrakech, where people auction their products to souk owners. The buyers then sell the carpets, ceramics and other pieces in their stores to other locals and tourists. This process provides income to Amazigh villages, and is often their main source of livelihood.
Moroccan Berber rugs represent the most characteristic aspect of the country’s cultural heritage. The soul of the carpet seems to reflect the landscape of the Atlas Mountains.
These carpets are like books filled with signs and symbols. One discovers there a universe of thought based on a palette of exuberant colors. These women living in rural villages have appropriated their textile creations as a space of freedom where they have developed a personal creativity and a surprising artistic expression.
The carpet becomes essential, it is a link between past and present, between earth and sky. These magnificent carpets could be presented in different art museums.
There are no reviews yet.